Thursday, November 11, 2010

Painting the Alphabet B


This is last week's attempt at painting the alphabet, and naturally, we chose "bird" for B. I'm very pleased at our work, and VERY pleased that we have done it twice! For all our emerging skills, I am loving what is coming from the newly-turned four year old and the five year old. Aren't those two little birdies at the bottom charming???



One of my gardening "wishes" this year was planting pumpkins...



...but it never happened. Instead, God provided an entire field of pumpkins for us to glean...right across the road!






It's safe to say, that I have more pumpkins than I know what to do with.



Not to be overlooked is the opportunity for training good habits...the little girls spent hours washing these tiny beauties. A vintage tub, warm soapy water and a couple rags equals mommy's helpers staying very busy. 

Spending time today with a young mother of three, reminded me again of the importance of what Charlotte Mason calls "habit formation".  It is so important to use the early years to establish the formation of good habits~attitude, obedience, manners, cleanliness~ and before you and I are tempted to say we've failed, just determine to start again tomorrow. Fridays are cleaning days around here, and I'm determined to have ALL the bathrooms cleaned, AND make my bed!

Enjoy the blessings of tomorrow~
Kathy 

5 comments:

Renata said...

What a blessing those pumpkins are! I love your pictures - what a fun idea! The littlies ones are adorable!
Hope you have a lovely weekend
Renata:)

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

WOW! WOW! You guys are so talented! Beautiful. Oh, and you have done it TWICE, that is so cool.

We like to clean, want some help? Miss you sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

Goats and Cows LOVE pumpkins...just in case you get slightly overwhelmed! The goats will just love you for them! mumofeight :)
P.S. I am so proud of you getting such nice artwork accomplished!! If we get the "artwork" off the dining room table after breakfast than I think we are getting somewhere.

Farming On Faith said...

Hello Sweet Friend~

The pictures are beautiful. What talent. I can see a beautiful red bird in some Christmas greenery on a pair of skates.

It is so good to hear from you.

Yes~tis going to be a homemade Christmas. I also get emails daily from Money Saving Mom and Penny Pinching Mom and I have been getting amazing deals daily. I got my daughter a Family Circle year subscription for $3.73~ 15 issues. They are giving these away often. I have bought many others ~one for $2.99. If you would like me to forward the emails so you can sign up~ just send me your email address. I have done most of my shopping on line for really cheap. carrieshindorf@yahoo.com

I bought a pillow pet last week for one of our family drawing for $10.00 ~half the price at the store and free shipping. These sites give you the best deals daily and send them in a email. They are great!

No we must not stress. We just need to get creative!
You have a lovely day. Today I am making candles, some more Hot Pepper Jelly and painting more skates. I have all day to work ~my men are hunting.
I am so looking forward to it!

Have a lovely day!

Kyrie said...

Beautiful birdies ;) ! What fun!
And, as always, I love the wonderful photos! May I sneek the one of the girls washing the pumpkins to decorate my blog? It captures the essence of fall and family so well.
Also, if you have too many pumkins to deal with, and even your animals are tired of them ;) send some down this way ;D !

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><