"I don't want to be sixteen, mommy. Actually, I don't want to be four. I just want to stay this size."
"Me too, sweetie."
What to do about the impending birthday next week, when she actually will turn four? Ugh. Knowing I cannot postpone the inevitable, I find myself trying to imprint my mind and heart with memories of tender sayings, humorous thoughts, funny enunciations that only a toothless three year old can pronounce...
...I'm so thankful for pictures! Here at the farm is one of the world's worst photojournalists, but I managed to capture a certain essence in the personalities of my five year old and three year old. While we did our shoot, one smiled patiently and faithfully...
...the other was one burst of gleeful giggles after another. So theatrical! Have I ever told you how she came to have no front teeth? At fifteen months old (still a baby!), she fell backwards out of a chair and her front teeth SHOT out of her mouth, root and all. There was blood everywhere, and after that, a toothless grin. I'll miss that someday.
One little piece of photo artistry I recently learned:catchlights. Notice the reflected light in the eyes here...
...and here. And by the way, this is just about the yummiest little one in the world (ok, to me).
Did you spend time with your little ones today? Did you talk to your older children about what matters to them? Did you mention that their Heavenly Father LOVES them? I want my days to count with my children, our lives together to be purposeful, and perhaps the memories will remain more vivid.
9 comments:
Oh..how funny..I was thinking WOW!!! her daughter must be maturing fast..to have lost her teeth so soon.. : ) then I read on.. :0 Ouch!!!! I would have Certaintly PANICKED!!! Did you get all my follow up notes...I am so sad that I missed you on that...thing...whatever it is...My husband and I were CRACKING UP.. I had no CLUE what that was and first thought who knows I am having a Conversation..the it went to who knows I have been sick.. : ) I am Really behind when it comes To Technology...I obviously figured it out..but to late.. I missed you..
We are feeling much better..We still have some Residual but deffinately on the Up Hill now..Thank you so much for your wonderful prayers..
I pray all is well with you..and your family...
Great Pictures..I am NEEDING to learn all that stuff myself...
Have A Blessed Night Kathy..
Much LOVE to you..
In Christ
Angelina
They grow up way too fast! Thanks for the reminder to spend time making memories with our children. That special time together will last a lifetime in our memories.
Oh my how I miss the blog surfing that I used to get to do. I read all your post that I missed while my honey drove us to work. I am so sorry about your goat........I am sure it ill be missed!
Ouch on the tooth..........you did give me a giggle!
Hugs, me
I loved these sweet photos. My babies are now 10 years old. I know we really do try to relish every step with them, far more than we did with our older ones, I'm afraid. Regardless, they all grow up too fast.
I hope she has a wonderful birthday and you all enjoy every moment of it!
Blessings,
Marcia
Mrs. Regan
I just have to say that the picture of Laura is absolutely adorable! It melted my heart :)
Hi Mrs. Regan,
Such cute pictures!! I loooove that last one of Laura, it is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! :D
In Christ,
Elizabeth
Oh so cute.
I love your header too.
I have been way to busy ~ I am catching up with your sweet family tonight. I am so glad you are all feeling better!
Oh so cute.
I love your header too.
I have been way to busy ~ I am catching up with your sweet family tonight. I am so glad you are all feeling better!
DARLING photographs Mrs. Regan! Wish my photography skills (basically none - very little anyway) could capture life magical moments like that! Thank you so much for this heart-warming post - I love peeking into the lives of your sweet family!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
Much love in the Lord,
-Kyrie<><
Post a Comment