Could chicken poo ever develop godly character? Not in and of itself, but the CLEANING of chicken poo and the process of "freshening" the coop sure has some great life lessons. Take today. Yet more complaints on the disgust of the job, the impossibilities of "getting it all", and the injustice of making children do the nasty jobs.
I couldn't help chuckling, then I began to wax eloquent. All the virtues of learning to do the unpleasantries of life while young would surely apply throughout the years. I'm quite certain that those youngsters who learned early to deal with the yuck, and do it cheerfully, are the better for it. Imagine the advantage of learning to bear up under the arduous and noxious tasks of childhood with a joyful, happy spirit...
Those will be the heros and heroines of the next generation! Those will be the courageous defenders of the weak! Those will be the trustworthy, reliable, and noble...
Let's hear it for chicken poo...
Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
9 comments:
HUZZAH!! lol
nice post :)
I'M WITH YOU!!!!
KIDS CLEAN UP THE POO!!!
in all seriousness, the most mature "young people" i have ever met are the ones that have shouldered responsibilities from a young age. some, because they had Godly parents that knew it was right and good. others, because they didn't have much in the way of parents at all, or, their parents needed help because of physical limitations and such. but, one thing is very very true - the young ones gained MUCH through what they experienced. much. and they are lovely balanced responsible people- almost a "rarity" in these days, don't you think?
keep it up, kids, someday you'll be glad you did. you'll be the ones that know what to do in hard situations and others, less fortunate in their raising, will be looking to you for help. and that is no joke.
debylynne
I love the way you see life. x
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!!
I was made to clean up much baby poo- but the worst for me was washing those sippy cups and milk bottles that had been abandoned by a toddler in a toy bin or behind a chair. I think rotten milk was the first smell that ever made me gag.
But I'm SO GLAD I had to do messy work! The first time I had to clean up little kid barf by myself I felt like a real woman (I'm sure you've had enough of that though lately...!)
My friends who are nuns said they had to stomp on maggots once because that was the only way to kill them- so they prayed for souls to be saved as they joyfully stomped on maggots. God really transformed everything when he came- EVERYTHING!!
Too funny! I would have loved to have been there to hear you "wax" :-)
eloquently, of course~
~Cinnamon
Dearest friend,
You are so right...Hurray for chicken poo!!!
My boys have tasks or chores that they need to accomplish in order for the house to run smoothly.
They each have a pet that they must take care of...and I don't mean just feeding, but cleaning their poop, their litter, bathing them, walking them, cutting nails...etc.
I know that they will not say so right now, but later on in their lives, those simple tasks will be much appreciated in their adult lives :)
Blessings to you dear friend, and let your young ones that chicken poo is not so bad...who am I kidding?;)
Maria
Huzzah dittos and may I add a horse dung to that?
I'm right there w/you! I cleaned up the pet poo when I was little & they can do it, too. It's a rite of passage...isn't it? '-)
Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><
Having chickens,all I can say is AMEN!
I agree with Debylynne, children need to be given these responsibilities; it is important grasp the realities and responsibilities of life.
Lisa Q
Post a Comment