Wednesday, February 3, 2010

There IS Life on the Farm...

~Better pictures are soon to be posted;)~

Guilt aside, there's nothing like waking quietly to the start of a new day with Little Running Squash sleeping sweetly and peacefully beside me. There was ONE moment of no thoughts for the day, no concerns for the schedule, no...

MOOOOMMMMMMMAAAAAA!!!!!!!!


Lucy has HOOVES coming out!!!


What a jump start to my day! By the time I reached the barn, it was all done. Jenna was there just in time to reposition the head from getting stuck in a straw bale, and viola! a calf was born.


I've exchanged "textbooks" today for real-life learning on the farm as the better part of my day has been spent in the barn trying to convince a very strong little bull calf that it really does want to eat. We've been wrestling with it, and had the joy of watching it wrestle with itself and learn to stand. Amazing.


Off now to get Josh. He's been away since Sunday night, AND I DON'T LIKE IT!! Let's just say, we miss him A LOT.

6 comments:

Charity Nee said...

YEAH LUCY!! i've been waiting for that cow to finally calve 4ever :) lol (like the rest of us)!! glad to see jenna wasn't wrong too badly about the dates!! lol (her most recent post i believe)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! There is always something wonderful happening around your lovely family :)

What joy to see the beauty of a birth so close!

Blessings,

Maria

Cinnamon said...

Definitely the best kind of learning, real life~

How fun to have so much excitement going on and enjoying the gift of seeing a new life~

~Cinnamon

Bethany said...

Yay!! He's finally here! Glad to hear that all went well and you are MILKING A COW AT LAST! It has been a long time in coming! Enjoy the best milk on earth - from your barn!! A birth always makes for a learning filled day. Try to put that feeling in a textbook! Enjoy!
Sandy

dolphinlovermom said...

Wow!!! I am so excited I found this blog. You are living the life of dream of living. Where abouts in Michigan are located? We live in Grand Haven right now getting to ready to move onto 5 acres in Fruitport.

Unknown said...

Your blog is the only one I follow where I can come and hear about a calf being born! That's too fun. :)

I'm a bad friend lately as I've been overwhelmed with everything, and I haven't been feeling super great, but I'm on the mend mentally and physically. I need to be writing but I've been changing computers and it's a PAIN to switch from windows to mac. I know I'll be glad when it's all transferred over.

Take care friend,
Lynnette