Friday, July 15, 2011
When Pink Is PINK and We Give Thanks...
It was at the college Bible study when I thought God said eight. Ok, perhaps it wasn't God, but I do remember thinking eight would be a great number of children. I had just recently become a Christian, and for the first time ever, I was surrounded by people that loved the Lord, not a man. Introductions into the world of Biblical womanhood, being a Godly wife, loving and educating children (and lots of them), demonstrating modesty and femininity, eating healthy...these topics and many more were changing the way I was thinking.
Saved by grace, but now traveling the long journey from brokenness and rejection, I had no idea there was more carnage up ahead. Through selfishness, sin, infertility and a marriage on the edge of failure, He spoke Hope.
"I will restore to you the years the locust have eaten...And ye shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you..." Joel 2:25,26
One miracle at a time (with the exception of the twins!) God gave us eight babies! God has blessed us over and over again in many ways, and it is true that He has restored the years the locust have eaten. We eat in plenty and are satisfied, and we are again praising the name of the Lord our God, who had dealt wondrously with us...He has blessed us with another little one.
The farm is growing again...which makes me wonder about "eight"...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
Woo Hoo! Beautiful post. He really is so good and so faithful, and yes, Kathy, He is restoring the years the locust have eaten and has and is dealing wonderously with you! Praise His holy name!!!
Love and hugs, big, big hugs!
as you REALLY know, God cannot be outdone in generosity!
Aww, congratulations! :D That is wonderful! :) I'm so excited for you and your family!
God bless!
~Miss Rachel~
How exciting! You are a woman blessed by God!
Congratulations!!! Of course I already knew, but I am still SOOOO happy and excited for your family! I know this little one will be very much treasured and loved. :)
Blessings!
Elizabeth
Each time I stop in here I remember why I fell inlove with you all the first time here. You and your family sits in my heart. I am so very happy for you! Love you, Catheirne Anne
Such a LOVELY picture...Okay I have a confession to make... Every time I see your family photos I am always a bit envious...Ever since I was little I ALWAYS wanted RED hair...:)Sure I could dye it I guess but that would be an awfully lot of work when your hair is JET BLACK..:)Okay one more confession... TRUE story...our latest baby..baby #5 I asked the Lord if He could give him Red Hair...Well no Red hair but light brown with some red undertones...Can I count that as Red..???
Love you guys...
Blessings
In Christ
Angelina
What a wonderful blessing! Congrats and God bless!
Yippie!!! Hooray!! God is so, so good! I am rejoicing with you.... His plans are wonderful! Thanks for sharing your news with us!! You totally made my day!
Oh it is so nice to hear from you and see your beautiful bunch. You are blessed indeed.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Congratulations....so excited for all of you :)
Oh, what a blessing...another little one :) :) You'll soon have nine ;) :) My uncle (now in heaven) and my aunt have nine kids...and mo st of those kids are married now and having kid..That family is HUGE :) :) Oh, so happy for you :) :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)
So excited for you and your beautiful family. What a blessing! Take care of yourself. Hugs & prayers to you and yours, Bobbi Jo
Congratulations! How wonderful!!!!
May the pregnancy go well and may you feel happy and healthy.
I am sure the kids are happy and that each of you are rejoicing together!
Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits
Congratulations! That is exciting!
Love, love, love that particular verse out of Joel...such rich and sweet promises!
Congratulations! :o)
Congratulations!!! So happy for you. God is so good!
Blessings,
Marcia
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations, Mrs. Regan! I am so excited for your family, and pray that God will bless you with a healthy pregnancy!
Love In Christ,
Jenna
Congratulations, Kathy and family!
It's so nice to rejoice with a family who welcomes children for the blessing that they truly are. :)
Congratulations Mrs. Regan!!! #9 is on the way. I will definitely be praying for the pregnancy that it goes well and that you will get the much needed rest you need. Wow, what a blessing!
Congrats in Christ,
Joshua :)
Oh My - what wonderful news! Congratulations! I imagine your children must be just so excited!
Praying for you & bubby
Blessings
Renata:)
Congratulations!! That is great news!
Greetings,
If you're interested in homeschooling, courtship, quiverfull issues, child-raising, politics, and spiritual inspiration, try a free, no obligation issue of SALT Magazine. If you haven't tried SALT yet, all we need is a name and mailing address to send you a free issue. Or, you can check out our website (saltmagazine.com) and sign up for a free issue online.
- In the Vine, Jim & Cindy
Congratulations Kath! Now my chances of getting a coffee date are surely dwindling!!! Miss you!
Love,
Sher
Post a Comment