A couple weeks ago a dear blogger friend Kyrie, wrote about her favorite bloggers. Among many, she mentioned my childrens blogs and mine. What an honor to know that my life can bless others. But the reason?
Because I'm so imperfect.
Oh my...it shows???
I make a genuine effort to be real and transparent, to value relationship and character over the accolades of the world, to pursue the hearts of my children more than my own goals...but I fail all the time.
All the time. That imperfection that Kyrie appreciates has been keeping me from posting...the deafening accusation from the wicked one that what I do and who I am just isn't good enough for the position of wife, momma and keeper of the home. I've been believing the lie that all our imperfections are more than my Savior can handle and there is no way that we'll come out of this as a family bearing the image of YHWY Himself.
"The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands." Proverbs 14:1
And while I do honestly have some tweaking to do on the home front, I want to be that wise woman who builds her house. I'm praying to know grace. To shower it on my husband and children and in my home...to
really know grace.
Thank you for all of your prayers following my shoulder surgery. I'm on the road to recovery!
9 comments:
So well said!! I think we moms all go through this, and maybe as homeschooler's we do it even more, because we have another area we can feel conviction on. I remember back when I started, thinking that if I got to the point we are now, I'd feel like I'd done something. Reality, and the Lord have shown to me, that it was nothing I did, but the Lord that has done the work in my children's lives. I continually marvel at the work HE'S done :-)
Glad your shoulder is better.
Blessings,
Marcia
It was good to see a post from you! I hope you are recovering from your shoulder surgery and doing well.
I am Lynnette's Mom (Dancing Again), and first came upon your blog and your sons blog from her site.
Your life on the farm with your beautiful kids sounds so charming. I'm a city girl through and through. Not big city...more like small town. But I know how much Lynnette loves the country life. I do think it is wonderful for kids.
Just wanted to say hello. Please read my poem about my childhood over at Truthful Tidbits.
Have a good week.
Linda
Oh it is so good to hear from you dear sweet friend~ we all have times we feel like this.
You are a great mom and God will get us to the other side.
I am praying for you!
You are in my prayers. I know several families in Rolla annd I was wondering who the people are you think I will see in June. Answer back on my blog. Loved your photoes.
Hello sweet friend! How are you? I read this the other night and thought I had left a comment. Maybe I just thought it in my head :-9 who knows!
How are you? Any big summer plans?
I think of you continually and pray one day I will be able to actually meet your sweet family~
Love stopping by here~ Cinnamon
it is very differ cult to write a blog when you dont know how someone may read it but thank for yours, ive just found it but am looking forward to going back and reading your posts
I just found your blog through your daughters blog. You are one blessed momma, she is an amazing young woman, you have done well:) I have 3 young girls of my own and hope to raise them to be like your daughter. I hope I can be the example to them that you are to your chidlren:) May the Lord continue to lead your family..
You could have been writing about me in this post - I so long to be the "perfect" mother/homeschooling mum/wife/christian, yet being human I fail & fail & fail. I'm so glad for the Lord's grace & for others grace as well. It's lovely to see your update & I always enjoy reading whatever you write - you have blessed me & many others through your words.
Hope you recovery is a quick one
Blessings
Renata:)
Mrs. Regan, you ARE /such/ a blessing to me! I hope and pray that the Lord will continue to use you - DON'T let the lies of Satan keep you back from this great ministry the Lord has given you. Thank you for your willingness to be used by Him and for Him! I love your family so much!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
Your blogger friend,
-Kyrie<><
P.S. Prayers for your shoulder! I haven't had a chance to blog for a couple of weeks, so I'm a little behind, on reading and on comments.
Post a Comment