Once you've been diagnosed with infertility and treated as such, it's difficult to view oneself as being a mother of many. In fact, even after four children, I still described myself as "infertile" when retelling the story of God's hand of blessing in our family. Eight children later and menopause looming on the horizon, I guess infertile doesn't really describe me anymore...unprepared is more accurate!
In a never-ending search to be taught how to mother and manage (because God isn't finished with me yet), I have found many practical and helpful tips throughout this book. When it came in the mail, I thought the size was odd. Joshua gently pointed out the "encyclopedia/resource" sort of feel to it..."something you'll want to reference".
"Oh...that is so wise..."
So with a big thanks to Vision Forum, this very useful resource is the next farmhouse giveaway! Entering is easy...
1....just pass on to all my followers an organizing/home management tip that has changed your life! Although only one person can be the winner of the book, we can all benefit from our collective tips.
2....post about this giveaway for an additional five entries! (Make sure to let me know!)
Can't wait to hear from you...the winner will be chosen Sunday night!

27 comments:
Oh I would love to win this book ( if it's open to international readers - if not I understand). My tip is to always have your daily time with the Lord - He alone provides you with the strength to get through each day & to prioritise the most important!
Have a wonderful weekend
Renata:)
Hello My SWEET friend...
I have been thinking about you and praying for you and your family...Was so glad to hear from you and WAITING patiently to hear back.. : ) please do give me a call...I haven't tried again...only because I am sure you are very busy and don't want to get you at a bad time...Do get in touch with me as I would love to fellowship with you...
Lots Of Love to you and yours..
In Christ
Angelina
I love the new header!
I already have Kim's book, but I also have four daughters... =)
One of my favorite tips for children's laundry has been to add Sharpie dots to socks and underclothes to identify the wearer. First child = one dot, second child = two dots, and so on. If the item is handed down, you add a dot or two as needed.
Organization is NOT my strong suit, though I strive for it daily. :) While I'm not the mother of as many as some, my 4 keep me very busy...on top of day care kids, a part time job that I do from home and running a homestead. I guess I have my fair share of busyness and need for organization. :)
My best tip is to have assigned chore lists for kids. I struggled with this for a long time, trying to just wing in off and on for years. When I finally got a rotating list of "household" chores written up, it totally freed me up to focus on other things. The kids chore lists are posted every Sunday, they look to them daily to see what their "area" is and are generally on top of those assigned areas. I often ended up feeling frustrated and doing everything myself without this rotating schedule. That left many things undone and my kids were learning nothing about caring for a home or being a contributing member of our household.
A simple thing, that brought this mama much peace! :)
I'd love to win this book too. I've read so many reviews & it sounds like such a good book! Being raised in a family of 10 and now newly married with a 6 month old I'd say keeping our houses clear of clutter and spending time as a family in Gods Word really helps.
Thank you so much!
Blessings!
Tabitha
arestfulplace @ gmail . com
This looks great. If I don't win it I will probably have to buy it! Thanks.
Tip:don't worry. Once I stopped worry about how I was going to get everything done, I had time and energy to get everything done.
Julie
I only have 7 children, so I don't think we are a large family but I have found a way to keep laundry managable for the 9 of us. I have a chalk board hanging on the wall outside the laundry room and on it is the schedule. For example, mom and dad is Monday, 2 middle boys are Tuesday, oldest daughter is Friday, etc. If you don't have your laundry there by 9 that morning, you don't get it done and either have to wait the week or do it yourself when the washer and dryer happen to be free.
The schedule has avoided a lot of chaos and me being bombarded with a ton of laundry on just one day.
I would love to be entered for the book. Thank you.
Some friends of mine have this book and I started using her cleaning schedule (with some changes made as the Lord has not yet seen fit to bless us with any children)
That has been the best change I have made for a LONG time! I highly recommend the "tip" of using her cleaning schedule. :)
Mrs. Regan,
I would love to win this book for my dear mother. I have heard so many wonderful reviews on it!
My sweet mother and I have recently been working on lowering our grocery budgit, and it has been quite successful! So, as my organizing/home management tip, I would like to share that using coupons is so helpful. They save you so much money in the end, and there are many wonderful online resources where you can easily print coupons!
Also, before starting your day, it is always so wonderful to read and study God's Word... The encouragement is so wonderful and useful!
Many Blessings,
Jenna
One of my favorite tips is for keeping up with all the socks. With many in the same, or nearly the same size, keeping them organized is a real trial. I read of a tip by a woman who put a few stitches, in different colored thread for each child, in the toe of their socks. I did this once and decided that it took way too much time. So, what I did was get the fabric paint that comes in the little narrow tip bottles (I think it's for drawing or writing on fabric), and made a dot on the toe of each child's sock. Then it's easy to put all the yellow, pink, blue, or whatever together. It makes sorting those socks so much easier, and it's much quicker to put a little dot of paint on than it is to put a couple of stitches in them.
I found your blog through your daughter. My daughter started reading her blog and I like to check in on it too. I loved the pictures of the Valentine's Day cookies. :D
I don't have as many children as you, but I would love this book. I think I would be handy to have around for my daughters to look through once they're grown as well, especially since they all want quite a few children.
I did post on my blog about your giveaway, including a link to your blog.
Blessings to you and your family.
I've read many reviews about this book and would love to own it! Thanks for the giveaway!
What a great give-away. Let's see..my tip: Don't leave a room empty handed. Look around...is there anything that doesn't belong and you're headed in the direction that it does belong? Take it with you! Sometimes the object doesn't make it all the way to its destination, but it gets closer.
I would like to be entered into the giveaway!
One thing I have found helpful in "home management" as a daughter and having the responsability of taking care of the meals is putting favorite recipes on index cards to quickly find what is needed for a recipe and make a grocery list for the week.
In Christ,
Amy K.
Whew! Blog post is done!
http://outofthemiryclay.blogspot.com/2011/02/psssst-theres-great-giveaway-at-regan.html
...and Thank you!!!
Making a menu plan has been extremely helpful in keeping our meal preparation organized!
Thanks for doing the giveaway!
Money Saving Mom has taught me so much about frugality and simple living.
Bambi M.
Oh this sounds fun and like a good book :-)
Let's see one tip.....
We recently organized our freezer in our stand up fridge. We have two freezers. One deep freezer and one with the fridge. Anyway, we organized the shelves to make it easier to find what was in there. Top shelf - frozen cookies/snacks. Shelf #2 Frozen fruit for smoothies
Shelf #3 Veggies, Shelf #4 (bottom) all our meat.
This one change has made finding what we need soo much easier.
~Cinnamon
Hi sweet Kathy..........my tip would be to have everyone pitch in before everyone retires at night and help pick up the front room and kitchen. It is wonderful to start fresh each morning with a picked up house. If you have lots of children I this can be done easily and fast.
This book looks wonderful. I am not a young momma......but I have 2 daughters still at home and one day I hope they will use this in their HOME! I use it when all the 9 grandchildren are with.
Thank you for hosting this..........you are a sweetie!!!!!!
Recognize some friends here on the comments.........hello!!!!!
Jesus wants you to know you are loved!!!!!
Me
As the Mother of eight children I would love this book!
I would have to say my biggest tip is to use Essential oils for cleaning. The smells are wonderful, the children love to use them to do their chores, things get cleaned longer and better and when it is clean, you can all sit and smell the wonderful scents! Orange and lemon are the most effective for cleaning, but we use lavender when everyone needs to calm down...and with six boys...well that is quite often!
God Bless you dear Friend! love and hugs, mumofeight
I've been hearing the term "large family logistics" lately and wondered where it came from. Now I know! ha! I wouldn't necessarily consider our family a large family, although we would be large if all of us were here! :) I'm sure this book has been useful to many families like yours.
Your blog looks nice. It has been too long since I've been here. I'm sorry. :( I hope you're planning to join my blog party! If so, make sure you get the button up on your sidebar and invite your readers to join you!
I've missed you Kathy. Hope you're all doing well.
Love,
Lynnette
Hello! I come from a family of soon-to-be 10 kids, and this book looks like it would be interesting. =)
Tip: A 10 item or 20 item pick-up is one thing we do sometimes. Depending on how messy a room is, and how many people you have doing it, the room can get picked up in just a few minutes. Also, you can turn on music while you're doing it. Sometimes, some of my siblings will try to go way over 20 items, and the competition helps get it done faster.
I blogged about the giveaway: http://awritingmaiden.blogspot.com/2011/02/giveaway-at-regan-family-farm.html
Thanks,
Carrie
I would love to win this book, I have heard so many good things about it! My tip is to find a chore system that works for you and your kids and then stick with it consistently. Giving kids a set time to get their chores done and then always checking to see if it got done helps keep the house running so much smoother!
Looks like a great book... My Tip: My 3 kids are 4 and under, and for right now, I have found that making use of the public library's "Story Time" is a wonderful way to get out and meet my neighbors. It's free, creative, a place to socialize, structured learning, It also gives the kids more practice sitting still for reading time. I enjoy letting someone else think of, prepare for and clean up a "craft time". They so enjoy bringing home new books to read:) Bonus Tip: Grocery shopping once every 2 weeks from a menu plan, cooking lots of whole foods from scratch, has totally freed up my schedule. Atleast 1/2 the meals have enough leftovers to provide another meal. This also minimizes waste and impulsive shopping. Thanks
This book sounds great! I too was considered infertile and now we have 4!!!! OK organization -- outlook is my lifesaver. All dates, tasks, to-do's, emails, info is on there! Thanks for the giveaway!
My tip is to spend time with your family and make sure that they are your first priority. Many times Family is put to the back to make room for other things.
Oh, here is my email address as I don't have a google acct. wood(dot)co(at)live(dot)com
I don't have an organizing tip off the top of my head.... but would still like to be entered in the giveaway if its not too late! :)
I ordered this book when I found out I was expecting number eight, sadly I miscarried twice since.
But if I win I know who I would LOVE to pass it along to. -Mrs. Cliff :)
Post a Comment