*Reposted from April, 2010*
Unintentionally, I've taken a small sabbatical from blogging. It has felt like college days all over again...remembering that feeling of back-to-back exams during finals week, and just believing that "if I can get through this week..." I can return to some normalcy.
But guess what? I did make it through last week, and "normalcy" doesn't exist. After having my family up for Easter, then preparing for my sister's baby shower last week, I am scrambling to get caught up (will that ever happen???) with the house, paperwork, laundry, decluttering, spring cleaning, changing clothes from winter season to spring...piles and piles and PiLeS of clothes. Progress can be a bit elusive, but there is some good news... giant stacks of clothing are leaving this house and never coming back!
...the farm is busier than ever now that nine little Wilber's have arrived. Some one of us will soon have pictures up of their arrival, and the three little girls right in the middle of the hog pen taking charge and making friends.
Remember the snake habitat? This was the day of capture, and brave little Natalie in charge of transport. For those animal rights people out there, yes, they were set free after a delightful time of education into the life of humans. We don't do much with formal "lab" studies in our science time (OK, None), so I free myself of guilt and instead embrace the hands on approach! My children are naturally curious and don't seem to be afraid of spiders, snakes, placentas...you name it, they are willing to try it! But again, progress can be difficult to measure...and stepping outside the "norm" sometimes requires our schedule to be flexible...and flexible can sometimes make us uncomfortable...
Little Running Squash is LoViNg the outdoors and wants to keep up with the others. I'm not teaching her a foreign language, she doesn't know her alphabet, and she isn't a fan of vegetables, but she's happy, energetic, and loves her family. She can put toys away, pet a hog, and sing any song you sing, so why get bogged down in early pre-school education? :)
I'm still trying to get a weekly menu together (don't give up on me, Renee), rooms remain slightly unorganized, I'm not sure if my dining room will ever get painted, my sewing pile is taller than me, I haven't been able to do that "early to rise" part of life yet, and our daily schedule needs a major overhaul, BUT,
So, dear friends, if any of you are feeling just slightly behind in your homeschooling due to being a momma of many, or perhaps you have the amazing miracle of life in your womb or in your arms, or illness has you down, maybe your domestic responsibilities threaten to overwhelm, or you are facing personal or financial loss, some may be burdened by moral failure...this is my comfort:
And great shall be the peace of my children.
In righteousness I shall be established;
I shall be far from oppression, for I shall not fear;
And from terror, for it shall not come near me."
Isaiah 54:13-14
Isaiah 54:13-14
...That no matter how weak and incapable I am feeling, my children are ultimately being taught by the Lord. Could there ever be a better teacher??? Even at my best, I will always choose to defer to HIS educational plan, knowing that it is far superior to anything I could accomplish. Remember that He gave us these precious children, and He loves them dearly! He won't abandon us as we fulfill our responsibilities!
How about resting in this promise? **sigh of relief**
Enjoy your week~
Kathy
37 comments:
Okay... resting.
(Or at least attempting to)
Okay I LOVE your post!! Children taught by the Lord!! What a wonderful thought, comfort and joy~
I bet we could come right over and help you on that sewing pile. Then we could tackle painting the room. Then, well, then we'd just sip iced tea out on the grass while Little Running Squash (love that name) and Granton played ball :-)
Thank you for a great re-focus post (looking back to the Lord for everything).
~Cinnamon
Beautiful post! I soooo needed it this morning.
Oh I needed to hear this~on this morning. Yes~how does life just start spinning so our of control when we try so hard to keep it at a simple steady pace?
It is good to hear others have the same struggle! Life happens!
You have a wonderful day!
Oh Kathy, that last quote was wonderful. I so agree with everything you wrote. It's always nice to see another family at the same place we are, even though your in the country and we're in the suburbs :-)
Blessings,
Marcia
A lovely post Mrs. Regan - thanks for sharing. Love all the pictures too!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
-Kyrie<><
I loved thos post and needed it as well. We in the Quinn house had been sick for weeks including a visit to the ER for the tiny one. I was struggling with schooling the girls and upset that it wasn't workiing as I'd hoped. I love how you said that Jesus is always teaching our children! You are so right! Thank you for that reminder <3
Kristy
These words were needed today dear friend!
I too, am struggling to getting the house, the garden, the homeschooling, the sewing, and my time with the Lord with the church...oh my goodness, I am tired just typing it :)
But it is true. I need to rest in HIM. The rest, well it will get done when it gets done. All in good time...no need for the stress factor :)
Thank you dear one for your wise words.
May Our Lord bless you & keep you,
Maria
That is a lovely post, Mrs. Regan. Thank you!
Great verse, so true. I enjoy your blog.
Jessica
Amen!!! Thank you for the breath of fresh air this morning!
Thanks! I needed that encouragement this morning:))
Happy Birthday Mrs Regan!!!
I forgot my mom was signed in! Sorry!
Katherine
Happy Blessed Birthday!!! :) :) :) :)
Blessings and many more years!
Katherine
Happy Birthday Mrs. Regan! You are very pretty for being ONLY 45!!! :)
Jessica
Happy Birthday! Jenna posted about it. Hope you have had a wonderful day filled with God's richest blessings.
In Christ,
Joshua :)
Kathy! As usual, the Lord has once again used you to edify me!! Thanks again for being so transparent!! And yes, what better teacher can one have than the Lord??
Blessings and Happy Birthday (saw Jenna's blog)
Linda in GA
Happy Birthday, Kathy!!
Thanks for the encouraging words on the phone.. . .I really appreciate your friendship!
Sarah
I hope you know that you are encouraging me and probably so many other young women out there with your posts! I often times think that I will have the most perfect family around some day, but hearing things like this keep me in perspective. That doesn't mean I can give up with my future children, but I at least know that all my "failings" (if they can be called that) are just normal "life lessons".
I have so loved reading your posts. I am glad God brought me to your blog.
You remind me SO much of my own wonderful Mama.
happy birthday to you too!
God bless you richly as He continues to teach and love you.
In Christ Alone,
Sarah
Happy Birthday, Kathy! Loved your picture on Jenna's blog! You are a beautiful woman inside and out - even though I don't know you personally, I can tell by your posts and your children! :-) Have a wonderful day and year to come!
God bless~
Maellen Blodgett
I hope you have a wonderful birthday Mrs. Regan!
Blessings,
Kelsey
Happy Birthday Kathy! Your daughter is a sweet girl :-)
Blessings,
Marcia
Happy Birthday Mrs. Regan!!! :D
Mrs. Regan,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Hope you have a wonderful day full of blessings from the Lord
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
-Kyrie<><
HI Kathy,
First, when we get together sometime,somewhere ;-) I would love to help/encourage you with menu planning! It has saved our lives, especially in the season we are in right now! For years I struggled to 'menu plan' but two years ago THE LORD pulled it together for me. I say the Lord pulled it together because years of my best efforts failed! lol
Also, I have a post brewing about the Lord teaching my children, as I have seen much growth and learning going on in the past 9 months. Funny, I have been sick and out of the way, hmmmm, amazing what God can accomplish without my help. LOL
Have a beautiful day. My children are with my mom's and I am resting all this week. For years I could only dream of having a week off, now when it is forced, it is not as much fun, and I miss my little stinkers!
Happy Birthday, Mrs. Regan!
Love
Elise
Kathy,
I like "Running Squash." Have you read the story of the Quick Running Squash?
Brett
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mrs. Regan!!!!
I hope you have a wonderful, blessed, and peaceful day!
~Marissa
Happy Birthday Mrs, Regan!!
Happy birthday Mrs. Regan! My mom's birthday is on the same day as yours (except she's 44). I hope you had a great day!
Moe
Just wanted to say Happy Birthday! I hope you had a blessed one :D
Thank you for that. xo
What a wonderful post! I hopped into the middle of it drectly from a link on Cinnamon's side bar. :) How precious to keep perspective that it is the LORD that lead us ALL gently along!!
Thank you!
Blessings,
Camille
Thank you for sharing this so eloquently. Thank you. I share some of the same concerns but when I look at my laundry pile and 5 year old not reciting Latin I feel like I am failing. Stepping back and hearing YOU say the same words that He speaks to my heart really gave me perspective. I can see the Truth and Freedom where it applies to your life. thank you for the nudge in accepting the Grace that He is offering me:)
Awesome verse! Wonderful though. Thanks for sharing.
Oh wow!!!! What a wonderful promise especially on this crazy world! Thank you for your words of encouragement!!!!
Post a Comment