Last week was absolutely amazing weather here on the farm! For a couple days, we actually had what I feel is the perfect day: 75 degrees, sunshine, fluffy clouds in a bright blue sky, no humidity...just gorgeous. Of course, we made the most of it, and as I headed out to hang laundry, Natalie and Anna were bounding up from the barn with their newest toy...an
up-to-the-shoulder sterile glove!!! Who would have thought that for pennies, such fun could be had on a spring day?


Thanks goes to
Josh and
Jenna for finding something creative for the little girls to do while they cleaned the barn :)
Never to underestimate the willingness of the little ones to help, the twins equipped Natalie and Anna with a couple of scrub brushes and away they went, cleaning the hog feeders. Honestly, these moments are some of the best rewards of our life here on the farm!

A different day, a different mission...how many frogs can we catch down at the pond? I LOVE that these girls aren't afraid to handle these cute little creatures, and that they really think these froggies are capable of having a race...

And finally, who would have thought that this perfect little egg would be randomly laid in the middle of the pasture, untouched by the horse, the cow, and the little steer jumping for joy? Anna was pleased as pie that she discovered this treasure...
...and I, once again, was reminded of the passing joys and treasures that children bring every day of our lives. I'm trying so hard to imprint these memories in my mind for the future...
I hope you have sunshine tomorrow, and I hope you find something to rejoice in!
18 comments:
Perfect fun with those gloves!! Smart children :-)
Love that itty bitty egg~
My husband says that boys just need dirt, sticks and rocks to play with and they are as happy as can be :-)
~Cinnamon
Oh my goodness.... the sterile glove idea is so funny! But it looks like they were having a blast playing with them. Great idea, Josh and Jenna! I really enjoyed the pictures. Hope you're having a wonderful start to your week, Mrs. Regan! :-)
~ Love,
Lindsay
Never before have I enjoyed the small, unexpected, only-God-can-do blessings as I have this springtime! When we acknowledge Him in each and every little thing our hearts are filled with joy and it's then that we find TRUE contentment!
Mendi
We really have had some beautiful weather...perfect for those outdoorsie stuff that has to get done. Sheets hung out on the line, coop clean-up, and....weeding. Which is what I will be spending spend some of my time on today...and tomorrow...and the next day...and the next.
Would LOVE to see you! How fun would that be??? I am just around the corner from Michelle's! Please...let me know in advance and I will be sure to be home!
Thank you for sharing your sunshine with us :) Those gloves are a riot! I'll have to ask a nearby farmer for a couple for my kids! Have a blessed day :)
It has been beautiful here also. We have been outside just enjoying it as much as we can!
And that is exactly why we do what we do. No amount of planning could have made that day a better day! What a precious story and sweet pictures to go along with it!
Thanks for sharing!
Linda
Beautiful! Love all the sweet pictures - thanks for sharing your memories with us!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
-Kyrie<><
*the gloves* that is so funny! Children are a blessing from God. You have a lovely blog:)
God Bless
http://thewaywehomeschool.blogspot.com
Oh Kathy,
What fun!!!
No amount of toys could have created such a beautiful day :)
Thank you for sharing.
May Our Lord bless you & keep you,
Maria
Oh your girls are going to grow up to be like my Hannah. Do they like snakes too?
The best days are spent in the sunshine working hard. We all come back in happy and satisfied.
Lisa Q
Loved the post! I was laughing at the pic of the gloves when my 19 yo daughter glanced at the screen, and a warm grin of recognition spread across her face.....that toy is a classic!
Cute pic of them scrubbing the hog feeders. Enjoy spring!
Such cute pictures! Thank you for sharing them. Your little girls are precious. :)
(P.S.) I saw a few pictures of you on your son's latest post on his Blog. I just wanted to tell you that you are such a beautiful woman. :)
That's what I call real, old fashioned FUN! :) My little boys don't like toys (except for light sabers, guns and swords). They like sticks, rocks, trees, and anything they can find and play with outside.
I wonder how that egg got there? Weird!
Oh what a beautiful day! What lovely pictures! What contentment and joy these things bring! Thank you for sharing a bit of your lives with us!!!
Maellen
It's amazing the common sense found in young children. They have such creative thoughts and ideas about them. Truly, they don't need toys because they'll find or make their own.
Love the putting the Toy Company out of business. Kids have so much more fun with life! Great post~ Love the photos of your sweet Little ones:)
Post a Comment