Friday, January 8, 2010

In My Distress...



I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
the Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliver;



My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;


So shall I be saved from my enemies.
...In my distress I called upon the Lord,



And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.


Psalm 18:1-3,6

8 comments:

Josh said...

Dear Momma,
Thank you so much for your unwavering love that you show to me, and all the time you spend encouraging me and raising me up in the way of the Lord.

I love you...
Josh

Farming On Faith said...

Thank you~I needed that.
What a uplifting post!
I said a prayer for you today!

Cinnamon said...

Amen~ I will be praying for you today~ I was just reading this morning on how the Lord lifts me up and cast me down (Psalm 102) As undesirable as the pain of being cast down is I always emerge so happy He showed me something new during that time.

~Cinnamon

Julian said...

yes, how comforting and strengthening are thoes words. As a mom of 6, i needed to hear that this morning!
Blesssings,
Christina

Kelsianne said...

Amen! David had such a heart of praise and it is so encuraging to hear that through his psalms.
God Bless Mrs. Regan. Praying for you!
Kelsey

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more powerful than raising our hearts up to Him that hears our prayers!

My prayers are with you that Our Lord will continue to give and bless you with peace and health.

maria

Unknown said...

I love this Psalm.

Have you ever tried the method of reading five Psalms a day when you're discouraged? I've used that many times before.

You read the Psalm for the day - like today would be Psalm 10. Then you read every 30th one after that. So today it would be Psalm 10, 40, 70, 100 and 130. You skip Psalm 119 and read it on the 31st day of the month.

Usually there is one that especially speaks out to me and I focus on that - or pieces of different ones.

Just thought I'd pass that on in case you hadn't heard of it.

Thinking of you all today.

Love,
Lynnette

Regan Family Farm said...

Thank you all, dear friends.

Lynnette,
That is familiar to me from years ago, but I had forgotten it. Thank you!!!!