A truism for every day around the farm...Give Thanks
While bustling around the kitchen with family and friends Thanksgiving Day, I set to "work" two daughters and two creative sisters. This is a classic for me...I get an idea (usually plagerized; but isn't that what Martha Stewart encourages?), gather the supplies, and then it never quite comes to fruition.
So in the midst of our chaos, why not try to complete that craft project???
It began with felt squares of various "earthy" colors, and a selection of natural do-dads for the letters and embellishments. Some were purchased for convenience and cleanliness (I didn't feel right about using chicken feathers), and the rest were gathered from the farm.
A casing was created by hot-gluing the top over approximately two inches, squares arranged in preferred color order, and the creativity began to emerge! The letters are beautiful and homey and original. One of my favorite touches...the letters are strung with baler twine scavenged from the barn. Credit goes to my dear sister for making the twine into a piece of art.
The real beauty, however, is the message:
GIVE THANKS
"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."
Psalm 106:1
12 comments:
Beautiful Job! It doesn't have to be classified as "late" or "early" since were are to give thanks all year!
God Bless,
Kelsey
That is so cool! I love it . You guys did a great job. Have a great day. Rebekah
Could you tell me where you got the snow that is on your blog? I would like to add it to mine. Thanks.
That looks so cool! We might have to do that next year!! Great idea!
Glad you all like it...it is a very manageable project.
Rebekah~ Here is the link to get the code for the snow.
http://simplycreativeblogdesign.blogspot.com/2009/11/38-days-until-christmas-how-to-get-snow.html
Hope that works for you:)
Kathy
Oh I love that Thanksgiving banner too! And that snow~~ too cool!
~Cinnamon
Wow, that is so neat! :)
ALL my stuff was originally someone else's idea! I hardly have a creative bone in my body, but I am an excellent thief!!!
I love the banner!!!
That is really pretty. Great idea!
Beautiful!!! It is never too late to give thanks!!
Lisa Q
What a lovely banner! It looks so bright and cheery against the white walls. Something so simple, but so beautiful at the same time.
The simplicity of your porch is exactly what I think a country farm house should be like during the Season!
Blessings,
maria
Thank you Maria...so often my expectations are different than what I can pull off!
Shall I call you Charlotte Mason about now? It's a very cool banner. I absolutely love it!
Post a Comment