Tonight we watched "The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman" and wept at the cruelty and pain this woman endured for herself and her people. A "must watch" as we need to be ever mindful of who God created us to be. And at the end, sobbing as we witnessed the testimony of the human spirit. It is hard to believe that desegregation and the Civil Rights movement were just not that long ago, yet to my children it is ancient history. It is good for us to try and touch the horror and agony of their experience with the hope of learning, appreciating, loving...
"...There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female..." Galatians 3:28
6 comments:
Thanks for the recommendation. Will make note of it. Blessings to y'all!
Hi Mom!
I gave you the blog award!!!
Love you:)
Jenna
I have never heard of that one. Thank you for sharing. God's blessings to you and your family! :)
In Him Alone,
Rachel M.
Elliot and Rachel~
Just a thought...this seemed a bit intense for our children under 15.
Blessings!
Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it. I remember seeing a dvd of Corrie ten Boom and for me at 16, it was intense for me to watch that. What those people standing up for Christ went through...
Thank you and God bless! :)
In Him Alone,
Rachel M.
Thanks for noting that for us, Mrs. Regan. Will keep that in mind if we ever borrow the movie! :)
Post a Comment