Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blessings of a big family











When I was sixteen, my mom and dad surprised my two sisters and me with the news that they were expecting...really? Who has babies at 38? And then again when I was eighteen...and then again when I was twenty-one...you've got to be kidding!!!! In those days (the '80's !!!) parents weren't having larger families, and definitely not at their old age!!! So while they struggled with the surprises, my sisters and I went to college for peace and quiet, and to escape the noise and bother of babies. But over the years, something wonderful was happening...what began as two separate families grew into one giant group of amazing friendship and love. I can't imagine life without my sisters and brother. I can't imagine life without the hugs and kisses, the phone calls and emails, the laughter and tears, the support, prayers and encouragement. And me now, some twenty-ish years later? Enjoying being the "middle child" stuck between the wisdom of the older two and the enthusiasm of the younger three.
Thanks for our life, mom and dad...love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling,
How your words touched me. Dad & I cannot even begin to imagine life without any one of you. You know that it was always my prayer that you all would be friends as adults. That prayer was answered well beyond my expectations.
Thanks for being YOU and for your beautiful family.
Love,
Mom